Guelph GoGo Grandmothers (4Gs)
Who we are:
- We are one of 240+ Canadian groups of GrandMothers and GrandOthers, committed to contribute to the Grandmothers to Grandmothers (G2G) Campaign of the Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF).
SLF work in partnership with community-based organizations in Sub -Saharan Africa to Turn the Tide of HIV/AIDS!
What we do:
- We pool our unique resources: – time, money, talents and passions –
for the Grandmothers to Grandmothers (G2G) Campaign of the Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF)
through our activities of fundraising, advocacy and education.
Proceeds donated to:
- We hold events to raise funds where 100% of our proceeds go to the SLF in support of the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign.
- We raise awareness in ourselves and in our community of the needs of African grandmothers.
- We build solidarity among African and Canadian grandmothers in order to better understand and sustain the vital work being done to turn the tide of AIDS in Africa.
"We will not rest until they rest."
Canadian grandmothers' statement of commitment made at the birth of the
Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign (Toronto 2006)
Guelph GoGo Grandmothers (4Gs) in Action:
Working together to raise awareness and funds for the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign
at the Guelph John Galt Market Day 2015
Photo courtesy of snapd Guelph. (Sept 2015)
"John Galt Festivities "- photo by Meagan Bell
African Grandmothers TRIBUNAL Film Screening- Sept 26
Launch and sale of LOVING HANDS Cookbook- Sept 26
Fabulous Fabric and Fibre FRENZY- Oct. 3
The 4Gs are having another sale!
Thank you for your wonderful donations! (We have stopped collecting all items.) We continue to sort and price the impressive array of items.
Come to Dublin Street United Church on Oct 3 to get your amazing bargains of quality fabrics, fibres, yarns, buttons, pattern books and a variety of additional notions.