Guelph GoGo Grandmothers (4Gs)
Who we are:
- We are one of 240+ Canadian groups of GrandMothers and GrandOthers, committed to contribute to the Grandmothers to Grandmothers (G2G) Campaign of the Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF).
SLF works in partnership with community-based organizations in Sub -Saharan Africa , "Turning the tide of AIDS in Africa"!
What we do:
- We pool our unique resources: – time, money, talents and passions - through our activities of fundraising, education and advocacy.
Proceeds donated to:
- We hold events to raise funds where 100% of our proceeds go to the SLF in support of the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign.
- We raise awareness in ourselves and in our community of the needs of African grandmothers.
- We build solidarity among African and Canadian grandmothers in order to better understand and sustain the vital work being done to turn the tide of AIDS in Africa.
"We will not rest until they rest."
Canadian grandmothers' statement of commitment made at the birth of the
Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign (Toronto 2006)
Guelph GoGo Grandmothers (4Gs) in Action this summer:
Working together to raise awareness and funds for the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign
at the Guelph John Galt Market Day 2015
Photo courtesy of snapd Guelph. (Sept 2015)
"John Galt Festivities "- photo by Meagan Bell
An excellent gift for family and friends
A lovely hostess gift
Every sale supports a great cause!
AT THE BOOKSHELF,
(Guelph's downtown bookstore)
We're helping to Turn the Tide
Making life better for this child and every child!